|“||Oh there's just no other way to say this. Maddie, we're witches. Real, live witches.||”|
“The Big Rescue”
Season 1, Episode 2
January 2, 2014
Catharina Ledeboer and Gloria Shen
Leonardo Galavis and Arturo Manuitt
- Paola Andino as Emma Alonso
- Paris Smith as Maddie Van Pelt
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Nick Merico as Daniel Miller
- Autumn Wendel as Sophie Johnson
- Denisea Wilson as Katie Rice
- Tyler Alvarez as Diego Rueda
- Kendall Sanders as Tony Myers
- Mavrick Moreno as Mac Davis
- Zoey Burger as Gigi Rueda
- Emma and Maddie learn that they're both witches in this episode.
- It is revealed that their spells work only if it rhymes.
- Emma turns Andi into a goat.
- Maddie calls her mom crazy after she calls her a witch.
- Tony and the Sharks make a smoke bomb to avoid taking a math test so they can compete in the swim meet.
- Maddie casts a spell on the bathroom door to trap Emma inside.
- Daniel finds Emma and breaks the locks to get into the bathroom to save her.
- Emma transports herself to the pool for the first time.
- When Emma comes back from the pool Daniel hugs her.
- Maddie accidentally turns Katie's hair red.
- The Principal suspects that the Sharks are responsible for the white smoke.
- This is the first episode where Maddie casts a spell on Emma to make things worse for her.
- Maddie says Hexoren wrong in every episode but one.
|Ursula: Maddie-winky you're going to be late for school. What's taking you so long?|
|Maddie: Ugh, worst, night, ever. I had nightmares that Daniel and smoothie-girl were together, and they kept dumping smoothies all over my head.|
|Ursula: Aww, well, did you talk to Daniel last night?|
|Maddie: No, he wouldn't respond to any of my e-messages.|
|Ursula: Did you try sending him one of those e-musical medleys with the romantic songs?|
|Maddie (gasping): NO! I should've thought of that. Anyways, I realize that I have the power to get Daniel back and get rid of smoothie girl all at the same time!|
|Diego: It's a brilliant idea.|
|Andi: Thank you!|
|Daniel: You didn't think of it, Tony did.|
|Tony: Guys, guys, wait a sec. This is just a hypothetical.|
|Mac: Whoa, watch your mouth! There's girls present. (directed at Andi and winks at her, which leads her to scrunch up her face)|
|Tony: No, I wasn't actually proposing to do it.|
|Diego: Yeah, but it's perfect because we have chemistry right before math.|
|Andi: Let's do it guys!|
|Emma (walking into her room): We were out of mango marble but I got you rasp...are you making a collage?!|
|Andi (startled): No, I was just, uh, sitting by your desk, and all your glitter got stuck to my.....|
|Emma (excited): Uh huh.|
|Andi: Not to change the subject or anything but, um what happened with Maddie today?|
|Emma: Oh, the usual. (mocks her) 'Daniel's mine, you looked left, you're lying! I'm a witch!' (snaps her fingers)|
|Andi: Sounds about rig-wait, wait Maddie's a what?|
|Emma: Well, I overheard her say that her mom told her she's a witch.|
|Andi: Maddie? A witch?! That's the most terrifying thing I've heard since, since well ever!|
The image gallery for The Big Rescue may be viewed here.