Maria Castillo Alonso
Iridium High (Possibly)
Monica Castillo (older Sister)
Emma Alonso (Daugter)
Francisco Alonso (Ex–Husband; Her Death)
A Girl's Sacrifice (Mentioned)
Maria Alonso, formerly Maria Castillo, was the mother of Emma Alonso and the wife of Francisco Alonso. She gave up her powers to be with him. She somehow got a hold of the Hexoren. Desdemona mentioned her in The Fool Moon as being good friends and how Maria helped her during a tough Fool Moon 20 years ago. It seemed that she cared about her daughter Emma a lot. She died when Emma was 3 years old when she died from long time sickness.
- She had the Hexoren (before Emma found it).
- She gave up her powers in order to marry Francisco, who is a human.
- Emma starts to miss her when she meets Liana, Jax's mother, and considers going back in time to prevent her death in Season 4.
- She was a witch.
- She was married to Francisco Before she died.
- Maria is the American Counterpart of Grachi"s Mother, Maria "Maggie" Alonso.
- Emma had a photo frame of her in her bedroom in Season 1.
- She never has a physical appearance in Every Witch Way but was only mentioned or seen in photos.
- She didn't have a flashback like Mia"s father or Jax's mother did.
- Francisco has said Emma reminded him a lot of her mother.
- In Discovery it was revealed she was a reader and had a lot of books.
- She Always be in the Alonso Family Photo Album.
- She is mentioned numerous times in the Series Except for season 3.
- She used to be Stubborn Just like her Daughter.
- She care about the magic Realm and human world.
- She was portrayed by Tamia Creeate
- It's unknown if where there make series Focus on Emma's mother in her early twenties.