|“||Hey! Watch the hair!||”|
~ Maddie to the Hexoren when she firsts opens it.
“I Said, Upside Down”
Season 1, Episode 9
January 13, 2014
Catharina Ledeboer and Gloria Shen
Leonardo Galavis and Arturo Manuitt
Maddie turns a classroom upside down, trapping Emma, Andi, and Tony inside; Julio tells Diego the truth about his powers in order to save Mac; Daniel tells Emma that he likes her and wants to date her.
- Paola Andino as Emma Alonso
- Paris Smith as Maddie Van Pelt
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Nick Merico as Daniel Miller
- Autumn Wendel as Sophie Johnson
- Denisea Wilson as Katie Rice
- Tyler Alvarez as Diego Rueda
- Kendall Sanders as Tony Myers
- Mavrick Moreno as Mac Davis
- Zoey Burger as Gigi Rueda
- Daniel tells Emma he wants to go out with her.
- Daniel tells Emma he likes her.
- Maddie turns a classroom upside down with Emma,Andi,and Tony inside.
- Maddie later undo's the spell.
- Daniel's dad helps him break the spell placed upon him.
- Emma and Andi plan to get the Hexoren back.
- Maddie tells Andi that she and Daniel are back together, and to spread the word.
- Daniel finds out Diego turned Mac into a block of ice, while Mac and Diego ar shocked that he's back together with Maddie.
- Emma tells to Tony that she's a witch.
- Ursula finds out Maddie has the Hexoren.
- Gigi is absent in this episode, but is mentioned.
|Ursula: Maddie-Winky, are you okay? (Maddie closes the Hexoren, hides it, and opens the door for her mother)I-I was in the living room reading and-|
|Maddie: You, were reading, a book?|
|Ursula: Yes, I read, books. I am in a book club after all.|
|Maddie: A fake one you invented.|
|Ursula: Whateves-er. I heard noises, are you okay?|
|Maddie: I'm fine, why? You just wanted to come in and spy.|
|Ursula (gasping): Careful, that rhymed. You don't want to cast spells in front of people accidently, or, on purpose.|
|Maddie: Yeah, yeah. No one can know I'm a witch.|
|Ursula: AND, you definitely don't want to cast spells ON people, particularly spells that dramatically change their appearance or behavior, it's just, to noticeable. Promise me that.|
|Maddie (looking away): Mhm. (Ursula tries to look at Maddie but she keeps looking away)|
|Ursula: Aha! I knew it, what did you do?!|
|Maddie: Um, I might have cast a teensy, tiny, insignificant, little spell.|
|Ursula: Oh, Maddie!|
|Principal: He must be a descendant of the last Kanay family. (referring to Diego)|
|Julio: Wow, so you've never seen one before?|
|Principal: No, I wonder what kind of frog a kanay would make.|
|Julio: Are you sure you bewitched all those frogs' parents so they're not wondering where their kids are?|
|Principal: Of course. I have a spread sheet that I use to keep track.|
|Julio: So, what now?|
|Principal: Well, can't have a kanay running around during the eclipse. They're so unpredictable with their 'honor' and 'loyalty'. Bring him to me afterschool tomorrow.|
|Julio: You are not gonna hurt him, are you?|
|Principal: Of course not. We'll just have a nice chat and, well, if he gets difficult, there's always room for one more amphibian in my little aquarium.|
|Tony: Okay, I can figure out exactly what happened. The upcoming full moon and eclipse caused a super-strong gravitational pull that flipped us upside down.|
|Andi (aside to Emma): Look at that, Tony trying to use logic to figure this one out, so sad.|
The image gallery for I Said, Upside Down may be viewed here.