|“||Don't worry; the zombie will be gone in no time.||”|
Season 3, Episode 17
January 27, 2015
Catharina Ledeboer & Gloria Shen
- Paola Andino as Emma Alonso
- Paris Smith as Maddie Van Pelt
- Daniela Nieves as Andi Cruz
- Nick Merico as Daniel Miller
- Denisea Wilson as Katie Rice
- Autumn Wendel as Sophie Johnson
- Tyler Alvarez as Diego Rueda
- Rahart Adams as Jax Novoa
- Elizabeth Elias as Mia Black
- Zoey Burger as Gigi Rueda
The image gallery for Defiance may be viewed here.
- Mr. Alonso evacuates the school after seeing a kangaroo (which is really Jax) loose at Iridium High.
- The council is possibly planning to overthrow Emma.
- Its revealed that Emma isn't strong enough to reverse a spell both Desdemona and Agamemnon cast.
- Jax is turned back into himself.
- Philip begins to crave the kangaroo.
- Desdemona figures out that Philip is zombie from a video game.
- Mia repeatedly insults Maddie, which makes Diego accept her challenge.
- Katie offers to help Gigi with her memory car problem by setting up a meeting with Black Hawk.
- Emma decides to turn Phillip human for Andi.
- Jax lets Phillip stay at his house.
- Jax has a flashback of a conversation with Agamemnon as a kangaroo.
- Mia eavesdrops on Katie and Gigi's conversation about the memory card.
|Daniel: You really think that Kangaroo could be a person?|
|Emma: What makes more sense than (faces Andi) someone brought him for show and tell.|
|Daniel: This is Jax written all over it.|
|Emma (defensive): No! He wouldn't.|
|Andi: Kangaroos are Australian. Wouldn't it be funny is the kangaroo IS Jax?|
|Philip: Philip, hungry. Kangaroo.|
|Andi: No Philip. Kangaroos are not food. (to Emma & Daniel) We need to get him some pizza ASAP!|
|Maddie (walking in, to Diego): Proxy, there you are! Did you hear about the announcement? I was so worried the kangaroo was gonna get you. (they hug)|
|Mia: He's just fine.|
|Maddie: What are you doing here?|
|Mia: Just having a little chat, kanay to kanay. Or in this case, kanay to, kinda-sorta kanay.|
|Diego: Look Mia, I'm sorry about what happened to your family, but not all witches are like the Principal.|
|Mia: Spoken like a kanay who's under a sneaky witch's spell.|
|Maddie (offended): *gasps* How dare you! Our relationship is real; there is no spell.|
|Mia: Spoken like a sneaky witch who's trying to trick a kanay.|
|Diego: Mia, that's it! You can insult me but you cannot insult Maddie!|
|Mia: You're a lost cause, and there's only one thing to do with a lost cause kanay. (does the kanay duel dance)|
|Diego (confused): What was that?|
|Mia: A kanay duel dance. You seriously need to brush up on your kanay history.|
| Diego: Duel? I don't want to do duel you.
Mia: Too bad. Once the gauntlet is thrown, you can't back out.
|Maddie: Sounds like she's making this stuff up on the flu.|
|Mia (aggravated): It's on the fly! Seriously, (to Diego) you could do a lot better.|
|Agamemnon (after Emma's attempt to turn Jax back fails): You see, it's no use. We'll have to wait for Desdemona to return.|
|Lily: I'm sorry Emma, but we'll make sure Jax is safe until then.|
|Agamemnon: Honestly, I worry about where your priorities lie, Ms. Alonso. The realm is under attack, from a rebel kanay, and this is what you choose to spend your time worrying about.|
|Emma: Of course I care about the realm! But my family and friends will ALWAYS come first.|
|Agamemnon: Well, that's a weakness you'll have to work on.|
|Emma: NO, that's a strength I'll never give up.|
|Katie: Don't look at me; keep working. (Gigi complies) It's all set up. Black Hawk has agreed to help.|
|Gigi: It's Andi, isn't it?|
|Gigi: How do you know? Do you know who it is?|
|Katie: No, but it's not Andi. There's no way she's smarter than me.|
|Gigi: Whatever you say (tries to take the paper but Katie stops her) Are you gonna give me the 411 or not?|
|Katie: Yes, but first, I need to make sure you won't tell anyone.|
|Gigi: Really? You want ME to keep a secret!|
|Katie: You're right, I guess I was wrong. I don't know what I was thinking...|
|Gigi: I can't wait to meet Blackhawk.|
|Katie: YOU CAN'T! She likes to keep her identity private. If she sees you at the dropoff, she'll leave.|